Friday, January 24, 2014

Essential Mysteries



  After plowing through The Grapes of Wrath for my book club, I should consider one of these 50 essential mysteries for a taste of something completely different. The last mystery I read was probably an installment in the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith last year, or maybe the year before. My appetite for who-dunits is meager, but every once and awhile I hunger for a good chase or criminal investigation or creepy setting with spies and bad guys.
       This list is fun to click through. I read a few of them, like the John Le Carre classic above, but perhaps it's time to switch things up. There are more than a few "never heard of that book" selections here and some that I've always wanted to try. Many of them seem to invite that trench coat, film noir vibe. Enjoy your time in the literary shadows!

  http://flavorwire.com/434548/50-essential-mystery-novels-that-everyone-should-read/


 

No comments:

Post a Comment